First Grade Was Fantastic!
We are preparing for our third year of homeschooling. Violet will be a Second Grader! I have a few more supplies to buy & things to organize before we start. We are excited!
We used My Father's World for our first grade curriculum. This was our second year to use this company. I first discovered them at a homeschool book fair back when I was researching what to do for kindergarten. Their easy to follow lesson plans & biblical approach was appealing to me. I also liked that it's an all-in-one curriculum.
Violet also went to a christian co-op once a week. I would drop her off at 9 and pick up at 2:20. That was a lot of fun for her. Her favorite part was lunch & recess! They also had a lot of holiday parties & themed dress up days.
First Grade was a little more challenging since our youngest learned to walk this year. That brings up another thing I need to get ready.....busy bags. I've been looking up ideas on Pinterest to keep Asher & Zander entertained during school. I picked up a few workbooks for Zander this year. He's starting to be interested in schoolwork. Some days Zander would join in & listen while Violet did her work. That was nice!
I'm proud of our girl! Homeschool brings a lot of joy to our family.
Violet, Fall 2013
Violet, May 2014
End Of The Year Questions for Violet
- I love learning about....Butterflies, Plants & Turtles.
- What's your favorite lunch? Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich.
- What was your favorite book you read? A Perfect Time For Pandas (Magic Treehouse)
- What are you good at? Drawing and Singing.
- What's your favorite show? My Little Pony.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A Kid Doctor.